For over fifty years, A.J. Stone Company Ltd. has provided vital, industry leading products and services for the fire service and first responders. Known for our distinct and vast knowledge of the Canadian fire and emergency services market, we pride ourselves in providing customers with the highest standard of service, backed by industry experts. We are incredibly proud of our company and its growth over the years – in particular our people and our customers. Our core values play a big part in how we do business and how we hire, train, and develop our employees. We are continuously striving to build a better, stronger and more resilient organization for future generations through:
- Honesty, transparency and commitment to doing what’s best for our customers and employees.
- Protecting our brand – it represents all of us.
- Meeting our commitments to customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
- Empowering our employees to acting with an “owner” mentality: making decisions and taking initiative to leave things better than we found them.
- Being great to work with. Some roles may have more responsibility than others, but all roles carry equal value and respect.
- Being curious and questioning the status quo. Encouraging new ideas and welcoming challenges of our own.
- Continuously learning and sharing our knowledge. Much of the fun lies in developing new ways to do things.
- Valuing friendliness and compassion. Being caring and supportive. Having fun!
- Accountability - each of us is responsible for our words, actions and results.
- Prioritizing safety and embracing processes that value the health and safety of ourselves and those around us.
A.J. Stone is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and promote diversity and inclusion in all areas: Gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Each of us individually and collectively, welcomes and respects our diversity. We build relationships based on trust and our committment to foster a positive work environment. We are all on a first-name basis and maintain an open culture of communication. The commitment of each individual is how we succeed as a strong team. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
January 9, 2024 - EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/COORDINATOR
Closing Date: TBA.
Are you a highly organized and detail-oriented individual with exceptional communication skills that enjoys being the right hand to senior executive teams? Are you a proactive and adaptable professional with a track record of success at providing efficient and high-quality administrative and project management support in a fast-paced environment? If you’d like to be part of an organization that values and invests in its employees and customers to build a better, stronger, more resilient workplace, then A.J. Stone Company Ltd. welcomes your application to join our team in the following, newly created full-time position, based out of our head office in Vaughan, Ontario, as our,
The Executive Assistant/Coordinator is responsible for providing efficient and high-quality administrative and project management support to senior executives, specifically working closely with the Vice President of Sales & Service. This role requires discretion, professionalism, and solid judgment in representing the team. The incumbent must be a proven high achiever who is strongly detail oriented, goal-driven, and conscientious about deadlines and deliverables. The expectations of this role are to organize and manage competing tasks and priorities effectively and efficiently. Primary responsibilities include managing and executing specific projects and coordinating the work and busy schedule of the Vice President of Sales & Service. The role requires an individual who excels as part of a team and thrives in an office/administrative environment.
The successful candidate will have superior organization and time management skills, and the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities. The role is fast-paced with multiple demands and frequent interaction with all departments. Demonstrated regard for confidentiality and a high level of judgment and ability to solve for solutions will make you a great candidate.
- Executive Administration:
- Coordinate and manage the executive's calendar
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and events
- Arrange travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Coordinate meetings and take meeting minutes
- File correspondence and maintain file systems
- Compile documents for meetings
- Communication and Correspondence:
- Manage, draft, and proofread executives’ emails, letters, proposals, presentations, and reports
- Maintain a consistent tone aligned with the company’s brand
- Ensure clear communication at all times
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the executive team and internal departments
- Demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff
- Tender/Project Coordination:
- Plan and execute tenders and proposals
- Coordinate tasks, deadlines, and resources
- Prioritize conflicting needs and handle matters expeditiously
- Proactively follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
The Executive Assistant/Coordinator plays a vital role in ensuring a high level of administrative support to the organization, often working with and coordinating cross-functional teams, maintaining time-sensitive deliverables, setting up project timelines, and facilitating effective communication among executives and team members to ensure objectives are achieved.
QUALIFICATIONS The preferred candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or relevant education in business or office administration, and three (3) years’ experience as an executive assistant/administrator. At minimum, the candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent approved GED, in addition to five (5) years of work experience supporting executive office administration. Other relevant education will also be considered. Incumbent must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Strong skills with electronic calendar management, Microsoft Office 365 apps, Adobe Acrobat Pro. Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management Systems or Enterprise Resource Planning Software (ERP) – Spire would be considered an asset. Knowledge of project management software and tools. Skilled with virtual communication tools (MS Teams, Zoom, WebEx). Strong internet research skills. Must be knowledgeable in the use of standard office equipment including projectors, conference call systems, fax machines, photocopiers, printers, phone systems etc.
A full copy of the job description can be found on here: Download PDF
A.J. Stone Company Ltd. offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is determined based on qualifications, experience, and suitability for the role. The current range is from $65,000 to $75,000; however, we will compensate based on specific qualifications and experience.
To explore this opportunity further, please forward both a cover letter and resume (required) quoting "Executive Assistant/Coordinator" to the attention of:
Vice President of Operations
A.J. Stone Company Ltd.
We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
June 5, 2023 - SENIOR FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
February 24, 2023 - PROPOSAL-PROJECT COORDINATOR
Closed on March 24, 2023
January 30, 2023 - INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST
Closed on February 13, 2023